Thursday, July 10, 2014

Me! Me! Me! "Meaning of Work" ediccione

Me! Me! Me! A Cassendre Xavier Museletter
The "Meaning of Work" Ediccione, if you will. (As it were.)
Thursday, July 10, 2014

TABLE OF CONTENTS

A) GREETING
1) MEANING OF WORK
2) DESIRE SHOPPING - UNIVERSITY CITY
3) AFFIRMING ABUNDANCE
4) AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH
Z) FAREWELL BLESSING


CONTENTS OF TABLE

A) GREETING
Hello, Friends! As usual, I am super tha-RILLED to be greeting you again. Did you know writing heals me? Did you know writing to YOU heals me even more? Did you know I print out my museletters and take them with me? Did you know I read them over and over again and they make me feel bettohr? Well, all this is true. It gets to where I almost have a stomach ache when it's been too long since I've written and distributized (aka "distributated" one of these. And so it was time. And so here I bees, as it were. (If you will.)

1) MEANING OF WORK
I've been exploring this question lately, as I do what I love and have all kinds of faith that all is well, while my bank account and other factoids represent curiously differing images.
What is work? Meaningful, joyful work? Need it pay well? Does it mean you're not doing good work if you're not being paid well? Does it mean you're not following your bliss if your blissful but broke? What does it all mean? And if you're making a good living doing what you love, following your bliss and making bank, as the kids say, does it mean you're more spiritually correct - that you've got the whole "abundance thing down" and therefore are reaping the material benefits of your creative gifts? 
Is artistic success all reliant upon who you know and how long you keep those relationships intact? That's not what my spiritual studies tell me.
I think I'm doing everything right, and that it's only a matter of time before everything in my life matches (as one of my affirmation songs goes - it's called "Everything Matches" and I just tried to find it on YouTube but behold apparently I haven't recorded it there yet. But you can see and sing along to my other affirmation songs at http://bit.ly/W1sOLg or https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cassendre+xavier+affirmation+song). And I also know that saying that my life will match "soon" is also delaying the abundance I seek. We're supposed to say "Now" wherever possible. Anyway, here's what I've been doing in regards to meaningful work:
a) I looked into my past to see when I was the most joyously productive and prolific. It was in 2005. I released several chapbooks and much more. I was running the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (http://womenswritingseries.org) which returns in September at new venues Big Blue Marble Bookstore in Mt. Airy http://bigbluemarblebooks.com and the Walnut Street West branch of the Free Library http://libwww.freelibrary.org/mobile/branch.cfm?loc=WAL in University City - whoo-hoo!! So, I started doing many of the things I did in 2005, I'm writing a bunch, and I'm back to the Series. And there's more you'll see as the time it passes onward. And upward!
b) I'm creating work I need for myself. Mine one artistic medicine, as it were. I'm writing the things I've needed and wanted and sought to read. You'll be hearing about the results soon enough. Patience, my child! :-)
c) I'm relaxing about money and having faith. That's how I was in 2005 when I was so prolific. So that's how I'm reminded to be now.
d) I'm giving and sharing of myself in various ways. I'll talk more about that in the 3) section down yonder called "Affirming Abundance". Hark, who goes there!

2) DESIRE SHOPPING - UNIVERSITY CITY
I had a moment today that reminded me of what author and speaker Ginie Sayles (http://giniesayles.com) calls "desire shopping". This is where you go to a store or a place that has things you intend to own someday, and experience these things, try the clothes and jewelry on, and imagine in as much detail as you can, having them for yourself. 
I was passing by the corner of 48th and Baltimore Avenue, and swooned at the many huge potted plants I saw there. I paused and imagined myself returning to that neighborhood where I spent my happiest days and years. I go there often for work, volunteering, and socializing, and I moved from there (3 blocks away at 45th & Baltimore), in August 2013, but now I want to return and stay for a good long while. I love this neighborhood! So, I really got into the emotion and appreciation of it. 
Joel Osteen also talked about this in his book Your Best Life Now. He and his wife and another couple they know would go to hotel lobbies and sit and imagine themselves rich. I used to do this with my former boyfriend Antonio when I lived in Upper East Side/Spanish Harlem in the 2nd half of 2008, only we sat outside and admired the landscape of a hotel, imagining it was our mansion's yard!
I want to live on a horse ranch someday. I dated a guy who lived on one and I visited it (it used to be called In-and-Out Farms and is now called Rose Bank Winery http://www.rosebankwinery.com, in Newtown PA), but I want one of my own. I did two videos about horses in this visualization exercise, called "Have a Place Where You Can Dream" and you can see them on The YouTubes here: 
"Have a Place Where You Can Dream" http://youtu.be/fHiQPF1oOlY
"Horse Farm - Visualization/Manifestation Update" http://youtu.be/CdkMQDDPh0Y
It feels really good to do this exercise. If there's a place you would like to move to or visit, or an object you would like to own, I highly recommend you go as close as you can to it, and experience it physically while you imagine it being yours NOW. Best wishes and I'd love to hear your success stories when, and not if they happen! :-)

3) AFFIRMING ABUNDANCE
I have been sharing what I have in money, books, time, love, smiles. I affirm abundance by acting like I have a lot. And as I do it, I realize I actually do have a lot, although it may not look like it all the time. I have health, youthfulness, joy, talent, energy out the waheebitroids, laughter, humor, emotions, freedom, time, potential, excitement, hopef, expectation, friends, family, endless and joyful work projects, and much, much more! I believe in the mathematic reality that what goes up must come down. Meaning that all my energy output will result in energetic input of various kinds, and I'm ready to receive it all!

4) AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH
My bank account balance is less than $50. I've been on food stamps for almost a year, and have been at zero for almost 2 weeks ($189 replenishes tomorrow, and not a momentito too soon!) my health insurance expired, I have no income-earning job, and I have to find another place to live on or before July 28. 
How is it I'm not a panicked, hot mess of panicky panic?
Because I am part of the Divine Source that is all there is. Because I've been studying Law of Attraction (http://abraham-hicks.com) and A Course in Miracles (http://acim.org), and Creating Money by Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer (http://orindaben.com). 
Because I've been working my hind quarters clean off and I know that's gotta mean somethin' in the long run. 
Because I know I'm going to post GoFundMe campaigns (For example: http://www.gofundme.com/b7d51c) for my projects and they will earn money.
Because I know there are multiple streams of income out there, and my small brain doesn't even know the half of it, and my large soul is receptive and thirsty and willing to receive from all of them.
Because I know I am not my bank account, and that no matter what happens I will be taken care of.
Because I know it's my journey, my calling, and my joy to share my experiences, all of them as I feel moved to, and this is part of my experience.
I am not ashamed, I am not afraid, and I am happy that if I were either or both of those things, I would feel free to express them.
As a multi-media healing artist, there is nothing in my life that is not material. Nothing I cannot use to help uplife and inform another. Nothing I cannot be grateful for. 
Thank you for listening and witnessing my journey!

Z) FAREWELL BLESSING
May you know your abundance, and celebrate it every single day, as I do. We Are All One.

-- 

-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
"renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur"
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning (http://www.leeway.org/artists/cassendre_xavier) founder & executive director of the Black Women's Arts Festival (http://BWAFphilly.org) (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 
Visit: http://cassendrexavier.com

(c) Copyright 2014 by Cassendre Xavier. All rightzen reservanitzken. http://cassEndrExavier.com. 


(Never let it be said!)

No comments:

Post a Comment