Wednesday, July 12, 2017

ARTIST INSPIRATION INTERVIEW: Cassendre Xavier & Brook Woolf

ARTIST INSPIRATION INTERVIEW: Cassendre Xavier & Brook Woolf

Cassendre Xavier is a multi-media artist and community cultural arts organizer. Visit her at http://cassEndrExavier.wordpress.com.

Brook Woolf is a visionary artist, coach, and healer. Visit her at http://www.indigowarriorlife.com

CX: Hi, Brook! When I first saw a post of yours on Facebook, I think it said something about co-working and travel and I was very intrigued. Since then I've Googled you and looked at your websites in search of more detail about what you do as a career, how you coach others to work and travel, and what those careers actually are or look like. It's been very ambiguous so I thought I'd ask you questions as if I were a 9-year old! Hope that helps!

1)What are your business names and brief descriptions?

BW: I run a blog called indigowarriorlife.com where I discuss mindfulness and travel. I also do private coaching and have a facebook group for people looking to start a coaching business and travel called Mindful Modern Nomads. They work together and have a lot of cross-over. 



2)What would you say you do for a living, and how would you describe your work?


BW: One, as mentioned before, I coach online both empowerment in business and mindfulness in life for people aiming to make the world a better place through their services. I teach them how to montetize and transform their hobbies into their careers. 


Secondly, I am a holistic practitioner that teaches my healing modality* emotional body mapping, and has one on one clients I do a mixture of counseling, bodywork, and nutrition and exercise programs. 


3)Would you say you have a mission in life, and if so, what is it? How does it combine with your occupation/profession/work/employment?

BW: My mission in life is to help facilitate others to see the best in themselves and share their skills with others. The hope is the more I can guide others to be authentically sharing the more people can grow and share and learn. It plays a role in everything I do for my occupation, whether or not it is my bodywork practice, my healing practice, or my coaching. It is essentially the embodiment of my everyday life and I am so grateful for it. 

4)Do you believe that employment is our best form of income, or do you also believe in and practice "passive income"?

BW: Personally, I love my career and its hard to say. I do believe that having a purpose and payment for that purpose helps motivate both the recipient and the doer. As for "passive income", I personally feel that gets tossed around a lot and generally passive income is in sales of products. I currently do not generate income that way but I would be interested in promoting things and people that I believe in on my site and in my life. I don't believe in competition and love all my people to prosper and be abundant. If there was a way I could help with that, I totally would do it! 

5)If you do have one or multiple streams of passsive income, what are they?

BW: All my income takes some form of work, even if it is minimal.  Occassionally, I will design and sell accessories made from natural dye textiles around the world just because I have a passion for keeping cultural arts alive and supporting local communties and the planet. While, it is effortless for me to do most of what I do because I love it so much. I am not doing any sort of ads on my site or anything that is serious passive income. 

6)I saw that you prefer to live in the places you travel, for 3-6 months at a time. Where have you traveled this way?

BW: I have lived many different cities in America (Bay Area in California, Chicago, San Diego area) Paris, San Miguel de Allende Mexico, and now I am in Chiang Mai, Thailand for the second time! I think I am going to stay here for a couple years though as part of my way of traveling is learning the language and giving back. Thai takes a lot of time to learn and quite a lot of dedication, so it may be awhile in this country. I don't mind, I love it here! 

7)If this doesn't repeat a previous answer, how do you work in other countries or part of the US? Are you always earning income when you travel, or do you sometimes travel to promote your work and spend money you earned previously?

BW: I do massage and counseling everywhere I go and online work as well;) I run courses in Thailand and will be expanding to the states next year. My prices in person change from country to country as well.  I have done lectures in other countries and not worked rigorously, but most of the time I have a flow of income from my private clients wherever I go. 

I have also considered working larger festivals but have not fully been drawn to do that as of yet. I used to sell garments (the world textiles) at art fairs around the US, but it was tiring! So, I am apprehensive to that form of work. I fully believe in order to inspire and facilitate it is important to make ample time for self-care and inner work. 


CX: I have noticed since joining the raw food movement in 2007 that many bohemian-type of entrepreneurs move out of the country and then create programs they then sell to people to teach them how to do it to. I never signed up for those because they are out of my range financially and also professionally... I am not ready for that, but in interviewing you I am learning about other ways folks travel and work and make their own livelihoods and careers.Thank you for this opportunity, and I hope this conversation yields material we can both use. If not, I still appreciate it, and you!


BW: Thank you !!!! This was awesome! I hope it was helpful! 

CX: It was, and I hope it helps lots of folks to dream and more clearly and effectively form their careers and right livelihood - thank you!



(c) Copyright 2017 by Cassendre Xavier. Permission is granted to reprint for non-commercial purposes only. Please share ethically. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment