Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I Do Not Want to Lose (New poem!)

I guess the thing to write

The place to begin

Is that I don't know what to write

What to say or where

to begin


I've been going through a lot lately

I've been growing a lot lately

I've been growing but

I am not sure

if I have been learning


I am a bundle-jumble of feeling

The feeling is all

It is everything

That is why it is singular

a mixture of several aspects of feeling

I enjoy it all and feel truly blessed

to have this life


Sometimes I wish

I wish it were easy, my life

My inner workings, my

days in and

days out


I wish.


I am older now

And I don't know what I want

It is as if

I forgot and am familiar only

With the pains

That come with age

The pains of having lost:

Having lost one's looks

Having lost one's loves

Having lost the memory of dreams

Long, long held


My dreams

Used to be a reason

My dreams

Used to keep me alive


My dreams

Once motivated me

To take action toward them

To keep them in my sights

And to continue making

Steady progress


I do not want to lose

Anymore.

I do not want to weaken

Any further

I want

To be strong

To be as I remember



(c) Copyright 2016 by Cassendre Xavier. All rights reserved.




--
-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier

"renaissance negresse"

$15,000 Leeway Transformation Award-Winning musician, writer, and community cultural arts organizer.

Founder & Executive Director of the Black Women's Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002).

Official website: http://cassEndrExavier.com


No comments:

Post a Comment