Saturday, September 24, 2016

Diary of a renaissance negresse 24 Sept 2016

Diary of a renaissance negresse 24 Sept 2016


Today is the first day of the 10th Black Women's Arts Festival. A couple of days ago I started getting excited about it. Then last night I started sabotaging my enjoyment of it - not getting enough sleep, running late. But nothing stayed seriously bad - it would just get on the edge of it. I've made so much progress.

My Uber driver got lost so I was 10 minutes late arriving at venue - but I brought everything I needed - I didn't forget anything: guitar, CDs, laptop, etc.

Vendors arrived. Amor La Luna was there with her paintings which have progressed so much since last year. She's working on a theme now of Black goddesses. Beautiful, vibrant and rich colors.

Painter Lis Dembling set up her own gorgeous paintings - of which there were many.

A few other vendors were there, and later on Dr. Sunlight Little did her presentation plus questions and answers/free consultations, hand reflexology and readings.

My sister Tamara L. Xavier aka Moon Wisdom sang a beautiful a capella song and danced as well. Briana Pray brought her children's book, a copy of which the venue director purchased for her toddler niece.

Atiya Ola brought food as usual - she is truly precious.

My friend Kai Moon Oceans spoke on internal motivation to discover and activate one's natural talents.

I did a few songs as soundcheck. My voice and fingers have not let me down, even though I haven't picked up the guitar nor sung since my last gig.

Speaking of gigs, Amor invited me to perform at her Mixed Tape Wilmington DE event, which I accepted and gave her a copy of my 2015 CD "Hope".


Secure with the knowledge that I'm in the right place following my bliss and being supported for it, and also secure with the affection and attentions of my men friends who called and texted to support me today.


The life, it is good.



-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier

"renaissance negresse"

$15,000 Leeway Transformation Award-Winning musician, writer, and community cultural arts organizer.

Founder & Executive Director of the Black Women's Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002).

Official website: http://cassEndrExavier.com

No comments:

Post a Comment