Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Volunteers Wanted for 9th Black Women's Arts Festival!

Dear Friends!

VOLUNTEERS URGENTLY WANTED!!

"When I need help I ask for it," Armande in the movie Chocolat, played by actress Dame Judy Dench. This is one of my favorite lines and it has been coming up a lot lately for me!
Urgently needed:
Volunteers to help with:
1) Making the BWAF Philly 2015 flier.
2) Responding to some of the potential featured artists and vendors who have been "blowin' up my phone" as the kids say!

Requirements:
*Human
*Breathing
*Reliable
*Good communication and negotiation skills, especially since Mercury is in retrograde!
*Working telephone and internet access (public or college/university library okay)
*A minimum of 1 hour per week to devote to BWAF-related tasks and correspondence.
*Willingness to be friendly but persistent, including with Moi (the renaissance negresse)

Flier situation: I have a graphic designer ready to get started, and I need only send him copy (text/info) about the event. This needs to go out asap, as the event is on Oct. 24-25 and will be at the printers for about a week. Yikes!

To respond: Please message me privately, or email cxmusic(at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!


-- 

-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
"renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur"
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning founder & executive director of the Black Women's Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 

No comments:

Post a Comment