Friday, January 2, 2015

Christine Havrilla residency at Sarah Street Grill!

Dear friends,

Just sharing a Facebook post with some back story for ya. Hope you likey!

Christine Havrilla residency at Sarah Street Grill!
550 Quaker Aly, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania 18360








Cassendre Xavier and Christine Havrilla. Photo credit: William Bowden 12Dec2010.
---------------------------------------
Backstory by Cassendre:

17 Dec 2010 - So a few weeks ago I discovered that 88.5 FM WXPN "Amazon Country" radio show host Debra D'Alessandro listed 2 "Favorite Local Bands" on her xpn.org home page. The first one was Christine Havrilla. The 2nd name completely shocked me: Cassendre Xavier. What? Whoa! What an honor!
Around 1994, 1995 I was working with a musician/producer/engineer, the late Juan Avila who at the time had recommended me to check out Christine's music. I was playing a 12-string Ovation at the time, and I believe she was playing 12-string, too. Over the years, I would see Christina now and then, at Tin Angel, etc., but we'd never met. Recently, she moved to Portland, Oregon and my new friend Bob Beach has a house concert series (Beach House Concerts) that I wanted to check out. Every time I received a notice of a new Beach House Concerts, I'd comb the list for any female singer songwriters who maybe worked the way I did so I could go learn and socialize and enjoy music. When I saw Christine was scheduled to appear, it was a no-brainer. I had to go! So I went, met her and was thrilled that she remembered me from all those years ago, and even knew about my "poetry" events (WomensWritingSeries.org)! To top it off, she used equipment that allowed a singer to sing overdub harmony vocals and play both lead, rhythm, etc. Called a "loop" system. Awesome. So I had a great time, met nice people, enjoyed a wonderful concert and made a new friend in music, Christine. Visit her atwww.ChristineHavrilla.com. ~Cassendre.
 — with Bob BeachRenaissance Negresse and Christine Havrilla.
-- 

-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
“renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur”
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning founder & executive director of the Black Women’s Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 
Visit the Cassendre Xavier Music Gallery at CD Baby: http://cdbaby.com/all/cassendre 
Visit Cassendre's iTunes storefront: http://tinyurl.com/CXiTunes
Visit Cassendre's Amazon song singles page: http://amzn.to/1xrklOW
Official website: http://cassendrexavier.com


No comments:

Post a Comment