Thursday, December 25, 2014

Not a Hoarder, Just Depressed!

Dear Friends,
One of the premises in my forthcoming book "Never Live Without a Deadline Again" is that having a mandatory reason to accomplish a task can be very effective. Nothing is truer than for the bipolar/depressed persun!
 Because it's Christmas, I "must" go through the piles o' stuff in my room, to find the purchases made throughout the year. My room looks like a scene from that show "Hoarders", but I'm not a hoarder, I'm just depressed! And because of that, I haven't gone out and purchased storage containers for the guest room I'm temporarily staying in with my host family of relatives who took me in shortly after the passing of my late partner Tom.
 I will be leaving here in a couple of months, for Philadelphia, and if it weren't for Christmas, I'd likely not be going through these bags of books and other items. It's overwhelming when you collect stuffs and got no drawers and such to put said stuffs in. They be addin' up!! 
 I'm also aware that clutter creates depression, so what began as a tidy room with some bags of stuff I moved in with, became more stuff I brought in because I never had places to put the contents of those bags (clothes, shoes, books, etc.). I am, after all, staying in a guest room. So I see now that all my intentions to tidy up weren't able to be fulfilled due to various reasons including unemployment or under-employment or difficulty getting around a place with limited public transportation, etc. 
 Anyway, I'm grateful that now, at 7:20pm, I have made some progress, with my music playing in the background to keep me entertained but not distracted as TV would make me.
 Thank you, Christmas, and thank you readers, for making my life more meaningful through sharing.

--

-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
“renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur”
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning founder & executive director of the Black Women’s Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 
Visit the Cassendre Xavier Music Gallery at CD Baby: http://cdbaby.com/all/cassendre 
Visit Cassendre's iTunes storefront: http://tinyurl.com/CXiTunes
Visit Cassendre's Amazon song singles page: http://amzn.to/1xrklOW
Official website: http://cassendrexavier.com

No comments:

Post a Comment