Sunday, November 23, 2014

If I Were Thin (Poem)

So I was searching YouTube for something to post - one of my songs or something. It's very difficult to choose of the many original and cover, live and studio, concert and album songs. And I just scanned through the other videos, too, the guided meditations, the affirmations, the raw food preppery (aka "prepation"). But I saw "If I Were Thin" a poem from my first chapbook "secrets & lies: poetry and other words" and remembered how much people enjoyed hearing me read it at the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series and other events. So here it is http://youtu.be/7Lydlc23KI0. I hope you like it, and do be on the lookout for my soon-to-be re-issued "secrets & lies"!

--

-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
“renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur”
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning founder & executive director of the Black Women’s Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 

No comments:

Post a Comment