Thursday, October 16, 2014

ME! ME! ME! CX Museletter "Rovics/Nachmanoff" Ediccione

“ME! ME! ME!” A Cassendre Xavier Museletter


The “Rovics/Nachmanoff” ediccione, if you will. (As it were.)


October 16, 2014


And a bright shiny tootin’ good day to YOU!


Dear Friends,


I’m changing the format a little bit to get this here thing done sooner rather than later. I always wanted to write letters for a living and in a way, this is it!


It occurs to me it’s been a mighty long while since I’ve written this missive of feelings and updates, and news and such.

I don’t really want to talk much about my feelings these days. These days I’m lettin’ my fingers do the talkin’. I’m writing a lot. And getting more professional about the sitcheeation. That’s all I’ll say for now as what I’ve been really enjoying is not talking about stuff and instead doin’ it and then presenting it to you for your considerage.


I also want to thank my dear friends who encourage me in their own ways, more than they know, because I’m not in regular contact. But I’m very appreciative on the inner planes and it’s because of you, SLM in NY, T in CA, AK in SC, and DG in PA, among others, who, with your words of praise about my writing and efforts to be helpfully creative, inspire me to do my work. Thank you!


I’ve been updating my website. It now has more current stuff on it, and I’m trying to include a “Contact Form” on as many pages as possible because it really works in getting feedback from folks. For instance, just a couple of days ago I posted an update about the Women’s Writing & Spoken Word Series, including the latest schedule of featured readers going into February 2015, and included a contact form at the bottom for submissions, and within 2 hours one person had submitted her bio and other required info (thank you, Debra Wright-Powell for spreading the word about us!). ‘Twas very exciting indeed! Visit it at http://cassEndrExavier.com.


I’m very excited about my upcoming workshop “Raw Foods for the Rest of Us” in Mt. Airy on Saturday, November 8th from 11:00am-1:30pm. It’s in the Mt. Airy Learning Tree fall catalog and I’m super proud not because I’m presenting there (I did before, years ago, a lecture called “Active Artist 101”, but because I’m living my dream of teaching what I want to learn and getting help for myself in certain areas of my life, while assisting others on their path using techniques that have worked for me. For instance, how do make sure you get enough salads and green smoothies when you live with a family that has a full fridge (not enough storage space for you) and it’s so easy to eat non-raw, and no salads? You get permission to buy a fridge of your own, but you aren’t prioritizing saving for and purchasing it. Is it self-sabotage? Is it just life and you have other much more pressing expenses? I’m working to find those answers and create workable self-loving solutions to use and share with others whom I’m sure are going through similar challenges to being in the habit of eating more healthful foods. That’s what “Raw Foods for the Rest of Us” is all about! It’s a joy, honor, and privilege to do this work. And the universe supports me abundantly in doing so! Course Info: http://bit.ly/10z4zWA or visit http://mtairylearningtree.org.


So much on The YouTubes, people, has been posted by Moi in recent weeks. You’ll have to just see for yourself by going to http://bit.ly/1txE8xD to see for yourself. (Long link: https://www.youtube.com/user/CassendreXavier/videos)


Music, heh? You, well everybody, including God, always want to know what I’m doing with the music… Two (2) upcoming concerts: Wed Oct 22 – 6:30pm – I open for David Rovics at fundraiser for IWW. Calvary United Methodist Church, 815 S 48th St Philadelphia, PA 19143. 48th http://lehighvalleyiww.org/?p=236. Tickets are $10. And Thurs Oct 23 – I open for Dave Nachmanoff at the Lansdowne Folk Club http://www.folkclub.org. These and my other events are listed heretoforeward yonder: http://cassendrexavier.wordpress.com/calendar/.  You can probably sense a touch of resentment when it comes to music. I’ve been having a very difficult time doing what I want musically for a few years and I’m not sure what it’s about. Again, something I’m looking at, working on, and will share about as the time it passes. Oh, don’t worry, you’ll be informed, that’s for sure! Meanwhile, just know that I haven’t completely removed myself from the shelf nor world of music performery. And when I actually have a guitar and mic in front of me, beauty still happens, even if it’s not with the circumstances I dream about. Two words are coming to me right now: Action. Plan. Know what I mean? Dreaming and frustration won’t do much without it. I’ll keep ya postified (aka “posterated”)! P.S. Music is still important enough for me to name a museletter ediccione over (“Rovics” as in David Rovics and “Nachmanoff” as in Dave Nachmanoff) even if I didn’t deem it as important nor as exciting as listing first. I just realized there are some emotions here and so I will probably be called upon to talk about them again. Oy vey already!

I’ve been experiencing a lot of synchronicitation lately. I’ll be dealing with an issue and open a book to a page that talks about. I’ll hear an unusual name on TV, and then in persun see or hear it again. For instance, I only have two (2) music gigs in the next couple of months, and they both “happen to” be with deuds named David/Dave. I believe when things like that happen on a regular basis it means you’re on the right path. You’re doing the right things and you’re having the right thoughts. I think it’s Spirit saying, “Good job!” I think it means your channel is becoming clearer. And I don’t know how that is in my case because I’m eating so much dairy I need a daily allergy pill just to not have my eyelids blow up in a most unattractive fashion. Not to mention the noseblowery (aka “noseblowage”) and other unattractive sinus-related symptoms. But yeah, short of the dietary blockage (perhaps the greens and citrus and ridunkulous amounts of Vitamin C are counteracting some of that), I think I’m doing some really good work in tailoring my thoughts to what I want and making myself happy and doing work that brings me joy and is full of good intention for others. Even my work on my jealousy is good - whenever I feel jealous of someone, I train my thoughts on wishing that they have more than I do. If I want a million dollars, I wish 2 for them. And I’m careful to make sure I’m wishing they have more contentment, too. Because someone could be absolutely miserable with 2 million dollars. I wrote an article about jealousy, in October 2010. It’s called “Jealousy & Envy: 7 Ways to Heal and Grow” and you can read it here: http://wisdom-magazine.com/Article.aspx/1894/.

Lately I’ve also been thinking about how I’d really like to receive more clarity on how I’m blocking my happiness and how I can clear those blockages, finding easier ways to achieve my goals, and reducing the difficulties and challenges in my life. Life has challenge, but sometimes we attract excessive challenge. I believe we can learn to stop doing that. And I’m on a mission to learn how in my own life, and share what I’ve discovered. This morning I saw a man lugging a huge suitcase to an entrance of a train station I know did not have an elevator. I remembered all the times I see folks laboring unnecessarily, and it reminded me of how I do that in my own life. I always ask the universe to show me the proverbial “elevator” in a given situation. How do I heal this habit to self-sabotage (in relationships, with money, with my diet and lack of sufficient exercise), etc. Show me the elevator to the musical and literary career of my dreams, I ask. I believe this is an ongoing process of healing, and transformation. We don’t just “get it” overnight and never do it again. I do believe in quantum healing and miracles, for sure. But if there’s something you’ve been working on improving in your life, I think it’s best to relax and notice your progress. You are doing it! I wrote an article about this, in December 2009. It’s called “Expecting the Universe’s Elevator” and you can read it here: http://wisdom-magazine.com/Article.aspx/1425.

Well, the clock says it’s time for me to go, send this museletter through my various networks on The Internets, then print before heading quickly off to my day job. I hope you enjoy(ed) reading it, and that you forgive the typos I was not able to catch and correct.

Many rich blessings to you, and remember, nothing’s keeping you from chosing to be happy at any given moment. Enjoy your life!



-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
“renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur”
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning founder & executive director of the Black Women’s Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 


© Copyright 2014 by Cassendre Xavier. All rightzen reservanitzkhen. (Never let it be said!)

Permission granted to reprint part or all of this article, provided that this credit is given, as well as as inclusion of contact website http://cassEndrExavier.com. Thanks for spreadin’ the good word!


No comments:

Post a Comment