Monday, October 27, 2014

Fennel and Mercury Retrograde




When the planet Mercury is in retrograde, communications are at their all-time most chaotic. You will find yourself often misunderstood and having more than the usual amount of conflicts. It is the worst time to sign contracts, start or finish projects, problem solve, or travel. If you find yourself in one of these situations, take extra care to communicate as clearly as possible, and do not rush. If possible, put any of the aforementioned activities on hold until Mercury goes direct again.
 The plant fennel is ruled by Mercury. 
 Poet CAConrad told me this years ago when I was telling him how much I enjoyed Tom's of Maine fennel toothpaste. He said, "You're basically charging your mouth with fennel" when Merury is in retrograde.
 I recently purchased some fresh fennel and was excited to sautee it as I'd often seen it look very delicious roasted on television cooking shows. I was going to do that today, then remembered that another writer friend, Jhett Bond, told me a couple of days ago that Mercury is in retrograde. So the fennel will have to wait. But I did search recipes online and was pleased to find that fennel can be sauteed with just about anything - I saw asparagus, broccoli, red cabbage, beef, fish, and shrimp. No matter what you like to sautee, chances are fennel can go with it. If you try it, let me know how it goes!
 

2014 Retrograde Dates

In 2014, Mercury will be retrograde during:

  • February 6–28
  • June 7–July 2
  • October 4–25


I searched for a while for the dates in 2015. Nnot so easy, apparently :-)
-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
“renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur”
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning founder & executive director of the Black Women’s Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 


(c) Copyright 2014 by Cassendre Xavier. All rights reserved. Permission granted to reprint with permission, provided full author credit and link are included: http://cassEndrExavier.com. (Never let it be said!)

No comments:

Post a Comment