Friday, August 15, 2014

One Lucky Girl Writing...

I'm enjoying this day, working at the bookstore, enjoying the cat and the books and the booklovin' customers. It's so great for me to be around people in this way, as I virtually live in a cave these days! Highlights so far are helping someone find Steve Lopez's 3rd & Indiana and Walden by Henry David Thoreau. I was proud of myself for knowing the the author of the former and the locations of the latter. Nerd! 
Looking forward to going grocery shopping tonight for my host family, and finding time to write my Diary of a renaissance negresse on a computer and on a regular basis. Ever since I was a youthlette, I yearned to write about my life as Anais Nin and Maya Angelou did. So it's time to dedicate myself to that daily craft, even though today's model is not what it was for them in their day of publishing and technology. If I want to write about my life, then I need to make time to write about my life and do it NOW. :-)
Please enjoy my original song "One Lucky Girl" on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/B2ZPGTXEuGQ and available in CD at http:www.tinyurl.com/CXCDBaby (I believe it's temporarily out of stock, but a new shipment is on it's way today and will arrive and be processed soon after. Please put yourself on the list if you'd like one held gently and lovingly by the CD Baby angels for you!)
VIDEO DESCRIPTION:

[Scroll down for lyrics] Singer-songwriter-guitarist Cassendre Xavier performs original song "Hope (Find Me This Way)" from her album "Live at the Kraftbrau, Kalamazoo". [If you hear harmony vocals or whistling, that's Cassendre adding to the video recording of the audio recording.] Visit www.cassendrexavier.com for music, show dates, and complete biographical info.

Lyrics:
 
Should you find yourself wandering; Through the woods wild one day
If you've lost your direction; You will find me this way
If a lover should leave you; and your plans thrown astray
With you, you're never lonely;turn and find me this way 
If somebody should hurt you; leave you far from okay
And you need self-forgiveness; you will find me this way
 
If your heart remains broken; when it heals who can say
If you're seeking compassion; you will find me this way 
If you're ever abandoned; and there's no one at your side
When you're your own companion; you will find me this way
If you're working towards healing; it's up and down every day
Just look over your shoulder; and you'll find me this way 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope (Find Me This Way)
Lyrics and music Copyright  © 2004 by Cassendre Xavier
 

From the album Live at the Kraftbrau, Kalamazoo http://www.cdbaby.com/all/cassendre

-- 

-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
“renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur”
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning founder & executive director of the Black Women’s Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 



No comments:

Post a Comment