Monday, July 7, 2014

GoFundMe Update

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your continued support of my art/work, and therefore life! I have an update for you!
According to my GoFundMe campaign page (http://www.gofundme.com/3ik8b8), my last update was 3 months ago. Much has happened since then, much work done, much art created, and much progress made on the personal, and professional fronts.
I am closing this campaign (as thanks to you it was 119% successful!) and will return very soon with several more to promote and grow my latest projects, including the Black Women's Arts Festival (Philadelphia's 9th in 2015 and New Orleans's 1st in 2016) and its sister project the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (September thru December 2014 at two Philadelphia venues), and my new music and several new chapbooks and workshops.
Perhaps most importantly, I am preparing to return to my beloved University City! (Update about East Germantown wimmin's/raw community house coming soon as well.)
So, it wasn't time to move to California, but where the universe closes a window, a door is opened, hence all the beauty you see above and will be hearing about soon.
Meanwhile, I must thank again all of you who supported my move after the passing of my partner Tom in March of 2013. You donated funds, computer equipment, public transportation passes, words of love, support and understanding about dealing with mental health issues and the loss of a love.
I am very grateful to be alive in this time and in this city if rich possibility. To be a multi-media healing artist in Philadelphia in 2014 is a blessing indeed. And to have supporters such as yourselves makes it all that much better.

Thank you and see you soon!

In utmost gratitude and necessary joy,
Cassendre

P.S. Check out my new website! 
 
 
image
 
 
 
 
 
CASSENDRE XAVIER | Amethyste Rah | Amrita Waterfalls
Home of the renaissance negresse, if you will. (As it were.)
Preview by Yahoo
 
 
 

-- 
Make yourself a beautiful day!

Cassendre Xavier
(aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
“renaissance negresse & ARTrepreneur”
(musician/writer/actress/fine artist)
Leeway Transformation Award-Winning founder & executive director of the Black Women’s Arts Festival (Est. 2003) and the Women's Writing & Spoken Word Series (Est. 2002). 

__._,_.___

__,_

No comments:

Post a Comment